21. What you have done is ________ the doctor’s orders.
A) attached to B) responsible to C) resistant to D) contrary to
22. They ________ in spite of the extremely difficult conditions.
A) carried out B) carried off C) carried on D) carried forward
23. My camera can be ________ to take pictures in cloudy or sunny conditions.
A) treated B) adjusted C) adopted D) remedied
24. Children who are over-protected by their parents may become ________.
A) hurt B) damaged C) spoiled D) harmed
25. When Mr. Jones gets old, he will ________ over his business to his son.
A) take B) hand C) think D) get
26. ________ you poor record in school, we think you should study harder.
A) In view of B) In charge of C) In spite of D) In case of
27. Police have ________ to the public to come forward with any information which might help them in their inquiries.
A) urged B) claimed C) appealed D) called
28. I am sorry I ________ your glasses off the desk when I was wiping it.
A) drew B) hit C) struck D) knocked
29. Why don’t you have a night out? It would take your ________ off your worries.
A) cares B) heart C) head D) mind
30. Some hard plastics can be ________ metals in manufacturing machine parts.
A) substituted for B) taken the place of
C) replaced in D) given way to
KEY：21-25 DCBCB 26-30 ACDDA
Copyright © 2010 - 2021 湖南求实创新教育科技有限公司 All Right Reserved.