21. The young man, __met us at the station yesterday, will show us around the campus this morning.
A. who B. that C. which D. whose
22. I am not sure whether New York is ____ biggest city in ____ world or not.
A. a; a B. a; the C. the; the D. the; a
23. Believe it or not, Mike runs ____ than all the other boys in his class.
A. fast B. faster C. fastest D. more fast
24. They left London for New York ____ the morning of September 10.
A in B. on C. at D. of
25. Jim can’t go to school today ____ his illness.
A. in spite of B. in front of C. because of D. far from
26. With the____ of a computer, one can do what was impossible in the past.
A. age B. air C. aid D. aim
27. I immediately __ Luke's father from the crowd because they two looked like each other so
A. researched B. recognized C. reported D. reduced
28. A friendly relationship between two countries is often based on____ respect, trust and
A. lovely B. mutual C. bold D. strict
29. Mr. Brown isn't in the office now, but you can ____ a message for him.
A. give B. hand C. tell D. leave
30. The boy gave an exciting ____ of his adventures on the island, which attracted a large audience.
A. opinion B. idea C. account D. appearance
31. Get in the car. There's enough ____ for you.
A. room B. seat C. spot D. area
32. His face looks ____ but I can't remember where I met him.
A. alike B. familiar C. like D. similar
33. We must make ____ our minds where to go for our vacation this winter.
A. out B. up C. for D. in
34. China is rich in natural resources, but they are not evenly ____.
A. dismissed B. contributed C. disturbed D. distributed
35. Taken in time, the medicine can be quite ____.
A. effective B. affected C. efficient D. sufficient
36. The ____ edition of the dictionary is far better than the previous ones.
A. late B. lately C. latest D. lasting
37. Big waves turned ____ the boat, causing many people to fall into water.
A. up B. down C. in D. over
38. On reaching home I discovered that I ____ my keys at the office.
A. left B. have left C. was left D. had left
39. By the time she leaves the stage next month, she ____ for sixty years.
A. will have performed B. has performed C. will be performing D. will perform
40. I appreciated ____ to your school to give a lecture.
A. to be invited B. to have invited C. having invited D. being invited
21.A 22.C 23.B 24.B 25.C 26.C 27.B 28.B 29.D 30.C
31.A 32.B 33.B 34.D 35.A 36.C 37.D 38.D 39.A 40.D
Copyright © 2010 - 2023 湖南求实创新教育科技有限公司 All Right Reserved.