Some people think of life as a game. There are similarities between life and games: both can be
played, both have rules, and both turn out winners and losers. There are differences __56__ the two,
however. Games make you __57__ away from life; the more you play, the less you pay __58__ to
the more important things in life.
In life, you get only one chance to play. When your life is over, the game is over. Life is not a
game. Life is the __59__ thing. Life is unpredictable（不能预测的）; you can play it right and still
__60__.Life is not always fair; one wrong move or one bad choice may __61__ too many such
moves or choices in life. Take a chance with your life and it could be the last chance you get. Life
isn't always fun, but it can be if you decide to make it that __62__.
__63__, the advice is "Enjoy your life; take risks, but don't engage __64__ risky behavior."
Think __65__the things you do and the things you shouldn't do. Don’t play with your life in the
Don't play with your safety. Don't ignore proven safety measures. Safety measures and safety
equipment have one purpose: to __66__ you safe. _67__ your seat belt when you drive a car; wear a
helmet（头盔）when you __68__ a motorcycle. Your safety is in your __69__.
Don't play with money. You can make your money _70__ or you can throw it all away. Don't
pay with a credit card if you don't have the money to pay __71__ the bill when it comes. Save some
of your money. Think twice before __72__ a purchase, no matter how __73__ it is. Skip (省去) the
cup of coffee or the can of soda each day, and save the money you would have spent. In just a few
years, you will have saved thousands of dollars. Save more, and you'll have more. The habits you
__74__ today will affect you financially for the rest of your life. Learn how to __75__ your money.
56. A. beyond B. besides C. between D. among
57. A. engage B. turn C. change D. think
58. A. attention B. resistance C. importance D. vacation
59. A. proud B. short C. false D. real
60. A. lose B. succeed C. pass D. earn
61. A. awake B. permit C. cause D. arise
62. A. energy B. trip C. hope D. way
63. A. Besides B. Thus C. Also D. But
64. A. at B. out C. in D. to
65. A. about B. with C. beside D. down
66. A. turn B. keep C. gain D. reach
67. A. fasten B. prevent C. pretest D. resist
68. A. get B. sit C. move D. ride
69. A. gloves B. areas C. hands D. sights
70. A. intend B. shorten C. grasp D. grow
71. A. at B. for C. with D. out
72. A. make B. take C. making D. taking
73. A. small B. short C. high D. big
74. A. develop B. extend C. instruction D. offend
75. A. promote B. manage C. consider D. overlook
(76) He was healthy and strong, but he had very little formal education.
(77) The team paid him only $15 a week.
(78) No one claimed responsibility.
(79) They often use text messages to stay in touch with customers.
(80) Hopefully these types of gyms will successfully grow in numbers in the future.
56-75：56. C 57. B 58. A 59. D 60. A 61. C 62. D 63. B 64. C 65. A 66. B 67. A 68. D 69. C 70.
D 71. B 72. C 73. A 74. A 75. B
81. Please bring an umbrella in case it rains.
82. You should listen to the teacher.
83. Tom plays basketball every afternoon.
84. Football is a sport that develops the cooperation between children and others.
85. The students are busy preparing for the exam.
• 上一篇： 2018成人学士学位英语考试真题及答案（4）
Copyright © 2010 - 2021 求实创新教育科技有限公司 All Right Reserved.