1. He went ahead ________ all warnings about the danger of his mission.
A) in case of B) because of C) regardless of D) prior to
2. We object ________ punishing a whole group for one person’s fault.
A) against B) about C) to D) or
3. Jack is good, kind, hard-working and intelligent; ________; I can’t speak too highly of him.
A) as a result B) in a word C) by the way D) on the contrary
4. The man to whom we handed the forms pointed out that they had not been _______ filled in.
A) consequently B) regularly C) comprehensively D) properly
5. I shall have companion in the house after all these ________ years.
A) single B) sole C) alone D) lonely
6. After a long and exhausting journey, they arrived ________.
A) till the last B) at last C) by the end D) at the end
7. None of the servants were ________ when Mr. Smith wanted to send a message.
A) available B) attainable C) approachable D) applicable
8. I can’t ________ what that object is.
A) make up B) make over C) make out D) make for
9. I want to buy a new tie to ________ this brown suit.
A) go into B) go after C) go with D) go by
10. The newest satellite can ________ a thousand telephone conversations and a colour TV program at the same time.
A) carry B) extend C) bring D) take
11. I can ________ some noise while I’m studying, but I can’t stand loud noises.
A) come up with B) catch up with C) put up with D) keep up with
12. When the whole area was ________ by the flood, the government sent food there by helicopter.
A) cut away B) cut down C) cut up D) cut off
13. The bridge was named ________ the hero who gave his life for the cause of the people.
A) after B) with C) by D) from
14. There were no tickets ________ for Friday’s performance.
A) preferable B) considerable C) possible D) available
15. Many new ________ will be opened up in the future for those with a university education.
A) opportunities B) necessities C) realities D) probabilities
1-5 CCBDD 6-10 BACCA 11-15 CDADA
Copyright © 2010 - 2021 求实创新教育科技有限公司 All Right Reserved.