Part I Vocabulary and Structure (20 points; 25 minutes)
Directions: Each of the following sentences is provided with four choices. Choose the one that best completes the sentence. Then, mark your answer by blackening the letter of your choice on the Answer Sheet.
1. The criminal dared not go out because he was afraid of _______.
A. recognizing B. having recognized
C. having been recognized D. being recognized
2. The job required that _______ at 7 o'clock every morning.
A. he will be at the factory B. he be at the factory
C. he was at the factory D. he has been at the factory
3. _____ such heavy pollution already, it may now be too late to clean up the river.
A. Having suffered B. Suffering C. To suffer D. Suffered
4. Business letters must always be _____, but we should write in a natural way to friends.
A. formal B. normal C. former D. casual
5. You should _______ your dreams even if you meet with setbacks.
A. hold on to B. keep up with C. suffer from D. put up with
6. Only when we live in _______ with nature can we make the most out of it.
A. cooperation B. interaction C. integration D. harmony
7. It is easy to _______ one state of matter from another.
A. differ B. vary C. distinguish D. discriminate
8. Have you noticed that recently there is a _______ among the students to socialize in the evenings?
A. fact B. tendency C. notion D. style
9. ___ is announced in the papers, China has launched another man-made satellite.
A. It B. That C. Which D. As
10. Professor Taylor's talk has indicated that science has a very strong _______ on the everyday life of people.
A. motivation B. perspective C. impression D. impact
11. Which sport has the most expensive training equipment, _______ player's personal equipment and uniforms?
A. in place of B. in terms of C. by means of D. by way of
12. It was not until recently _______ many people began to realize they were wrong.
A. when B. while C. as D. that
13. Mary said she _______ in this flat for five years.
A. was living B. has been living C. lives D. had been living
14. A prize will be _______ to the best team.
A. rewarded B. achieved C. received D. awarded
15. Since the matter was extremely _______, we dealt with it immediately.
A. tough B. tense C. urgent D. instant
16. I was so angry that I _______ something at him.
A. felt to throw B. felt like to throw C. felt like throwing D. felt throwing
17. The twin brothers are _______ in appearance and no one but their parents can tell them apart.
A. identical B. peculiar C. outstanding D. realistic
18. Her grandmother _______ for 25 years.
A. died B. was dead C. has been dead D. has died
19. Will you do me _______ to translate the Sentence into English.
A. a help B. a favor C. the favor D. a hand
20. He _______ his brother in appearance but not at all in character.
A. likes B. seems C. resembles D. is the same as
21. The pen ________ he wrote so many great novels is now carefully preserved.
A. with that B. in which C. by which D. with which
22. _______ is a great pleasure to his parents.
A. Philip to come home B. Philip come home
C. Philip's coming home D. Coming home
23. Scarcely _______ the village when it began to rain.
A. did we reach B. had we reached C. we reached D. we had reached
24. This hotel _______ the one we stayed in last year.
A. reminds me of B. remembers me of
C. reminds me to D. remembers me to
25. George could not _______ his foolish mistake.
A. account in B. count on C. count for D. account for
26. _______ there is enough snow, we can't go skiing.
A. Because B. As C. Unless D. However
27. The factory is quite different from _______ before.
A. what it was B. that it was C. which D. what was it
28. One ought _______ for what one hasn't done.
A. not to be punished B. to not be punished
C. to not punished D. not be punished
29. The mayor of the town is a _______ old man.
A. respective B. respectful C. respectable D. respect
30. We came into this field late, so we must work hard to _______ lost time.
A. make up for B. make out C. keep up with D. put up with
31．The building _______ mostly undamaged after the earthquake and only minor repairs were necessary.
A. recovered B. prolonged C. lasted D. remained
32. Historians sometimes refer _______ him as the most influential political leader in the 19th century.
A. against B. about C. to D. after
33. The examination I took yesterday wasn't _______ difficult, but it was long.
A. much too B. very much C. so much D. too much
34. He is not _______ to recover from the injury in a week or two.
A. possible B. probable C. likely D. capable
35. He was suspected of murder because the police had found a shirt _______ with blood in his apartment.
A. stained B. filled C. littered D. scattered
36. Postmen are responsible for the ____ of letters and parcels to every household.
A. delivery B. settlement C. division D. recovery
37. The man in the corner confessed to ____ a lie to the manager of the company.
A. tell B. have told C. having told D. being told
38. She _______ her mother's good looks and her father's bad temper.
A. earned B. associated C. inherited D. recalled
39. Mr. Johnson, together with his assistants, _______ to arrive on the evening flight.
A. will be B. are C. are going D. is going
40. Such books poison the minds of _______ young.
A. a B. the C. this D. that
1.DBAAA 6.DCBDD 11.BDDDC 16.CACBC
21.DCBAD 26.CAACA 31DCACA 36.ABCDB
Copyright © zikaosw.cn All Right Reserved. 求实创新教育科技有限公司版权所有