Paper One 试卷一 （90 minutes）
Part I Dialogue Completion (15 points)
Directions: There are 15 short incomplete dialogues in this part, each followed by 4 choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the best one to complete the dialogue and mark your answer on the ANSWER SHEET with a single line through the center.
1. Jenny: Shall I go and tell Mr. Fairbanks about our proposal?
A. Yes, you go B. Yes, go C. Yes, let’s D. Yes, please
2. Mori: It’s a pleasure to meet you here.
A. Pleased to meet you, too B. Thank you so much
C. I didn’t expect to see you here D. You’re too hospitable
3. Williams: Excuse me. I’m looking for a present for my son. I have no idea what to get him, Can you help me?
Sales girl: ____________.
A. Of course I can
B. No, I can’t actually
C. You must buy him a T-shirt
D. Yes, I think a T-shirt would be a good idea
4. Tim: I hear you’ve been to the book fair. How was it?
A. Absolutely marvelous B. Very much indeed
C. Not necessarily D. Quite disappointed
5. Ed: How do you get along with your new music teacher?
Maggie: Ms. Davis? __________, but I like her a lot.
A. She’s humorous B. She’s nice to me
C. She’s a bit strange D. She’s good at dancing
6. David: Charles, could you drive me to the railway station?
A. No, thanks. B. I’ll be there on time.
C. Sure, why not? D. Never mind.
7. Max: My son has been admitted by Beijing University.
Walt: Congratulations! He is such a smart boy.
A. Yes, he is B. You are right
C. Thank you very much D. Don’t mention it
8. Student: Do you mind our performing rock ‘n’ roll in the hall?
A. No, you’d better not B. Of course, it’s allowed here
C. Oh, I’d rather you didn’t actually D. I’d prefer to listen to rock ‘a’ roll
9. Clerk: Excuse me, this a non-smoking place.
A. Oh, I’m sorry. B. How can you say that?
C. That’s all right. D. That’s impossible.
10. Waiter: How would you like your coffee?
A. It’s well done B. Very nice, thanks
C. With sugar, please D. Only one cup
11. Virginia: What about going to do some shopping this afternoon?
A. Go ahead, please. B. Good idea!
C. Me, too. D. Help yourself.
12. Carlos: Thank you very much, Miss James. That helped me a lot.
Miss James: ___________, Carlos.
A. Don’t thank me B. Don’t mention it
C. I’m fine D. I’m sorry
13. Susan: I’m worried. My son doesn’t like to talk with me.
Tracy: ___________. We were all like that at his age.
A. Take it easy B. Change his mind
C. Don’t quarrel with him D. Don’t refuse him
14. Nicolas: I’d like to donate money to help poor children at school. To whom shall I give my share?
Li Ming: ____________ I’ll ask about that and let you know.
A. Very well. B. Who knows?
C. Thank you all the same. D. It all depends.
15. Kelvin: We’re almost finished with the project now. _____________.
Teresa: Actually, I prefer to keep going.
A. Let’s hurry up B. We’ve too tired now
C. Well be on time D. Let’s stop for a break
1-5 D A D D C 6-10 C C C A C 11-15 B B A D D
Copyright © 2010 - 2021 湖南求实创新教育科技有限公司（zikaosw.cn）All Right Reserved.