Part Ⅱ Vocabulary and Structure (30%)
Directions: In this part there are 30 incomplete sentences. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence. Then blacken the Corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
16. Itwas hard for him to learn English in a family, in which of the parents spoke the language.
A. none B. neither C. both D. each
17. You'd better go there by train. The train ticket is __________ the plane ticket.
A. as cheap three times as B. as three times cheapas
C. three times as cheap as D. cheaper three times than
18. This new machineis technically far__________ to the previous type.
A. Superior: B. junior C. senior D. equal
19. There is a great deal of evidence____that music activities engage different parts of the brain.
A. indicate B. Indicating C. indicated D. to be indicating
20. She became the first woman to enter the school but withdrew after a few days_____stress.
A. because of B. in spite of C. instead of D. In honor of
21.______is known to us all is that the 2012 Olympic Games will be held in London.
A. It B. What C. As D. Which
22. The discovery of these tombs is__________for scholars' studying Chinese history.
A. of very important B. great significant C. of great significance D. greatly importance
23. Sean's strong love for his country is______in his recently published poems.
A. relieved B. Reflected C. responded D. recovered
24. Would You please keep silent? The weather report__________and I want to listen.
A. is broadcast B. is being broadcast C. has been broadcast D. had been broadcast
25. The teacher stressedagain that'the students should not______any important details while retelling the story.
A. bring out B. let out C. leave out D. make out
26. The man moved_____forward and looked over the edge, shrinking his shoulders.
A. accurately B. Cautiously C. brilliantly D. disappointedly
27. The police are trying to find out the______of the woman,killed in the traffic accident.
A. evidence B. recognition C identity D. status
28. By no means__________to her parents.
A. this is the first time has she lied B. this is the first time does she tell a lie
C. is this the first time She has lied D. is this the first time she was lying
29. Climate change will greatly_____wheat and rice production if nations don't take steps now.
A. fall B. leak C. lack D. reduce
30. She always buys__________ my birthday.
A. something awful to B. anything awful to
C. something nice for D. anything nice for
31. He failed to live Up to __________had been expected of him.
A. what B. which C. that D. all
32. It is very _____ of you to arrange an early.meeting between your boss and our team.
A. considerate B. Considerable C. consideriiig D. considered
33. I would have told him about the change of time for the class,________to class last 'tune.
A. did he come B. he came C. had he come D. he had come
34. The wind was so strong last night that it tore the______ of the ship into two or three pieces.
A. mask B. mine C. sail D. satellite
35. ____all the money people here spend eating out, restaurants' profit is still below five percent.
A. Despite B.Thanks to C. Since D. Like
36. Many a man__________lifeis meaningless without a purpose.
A. thinks B. thinking C. have thought D. think
37. John left home twenty minutes ago. It is usually half an hour's drive from his home to theoffice here. So he__________soon.
A. should have arrived B. need arrive C. must have arrived D. may arrive
38. ___Hongkong, is often regarded as____international Centre for business, finance and tourism.
A./; an B. An; / C. The; / D./; the
39. They went__________the schedule for the conference again and again until they felt satisfied with every detail of it.
A. out B. up C: over D. by
40. Schools should teach'our kids various subjects, and moreover, teach them how to ______right:from wrong.:
A. mn B. take C. tell D. put
41. By the time you finish your homework, all of us__________ ours at hand, I'm sure.
A. will finish B. will have finished C. have finished D. have been finishing
42. In time of trouble Charliecould always__________a solution.
A. put aside B. look down upon C. break out D. come up with
43. Before building a house, you will have to__________the government's permission.
A. get from B. follow C. receive D. ask for
44. The director had her assistant__________some hot dogs for the staff members.
A. picked up B. picks up C. pick up D. picking up
45. ______their hats into the air, the fans of the winning team let out loud shouts of victory.
A. TO throw B. Thrown C. Throwing D. Being thrown
Copyright © 2010 - 2021 湖南求实创新教育科技有限公司 All Right Reserved.