Part IV Cloze (10%)
Directions: There are 20 blanks in the following passage, and for each blank there are 4 choices marked A, B, C and D at the end of the passage. You should choose ONE answer that best fits into the passage. Then blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
Of all the websites, one that has attracted attention recently is myspace.com. Most of this attention has come from the media and tells every reason. 56 the website should be 57. The threat of Intemet predators (窃掠者) is indeed a tough reality, 58 shutting down the site is not the answer. If myspace.com 59 shut down, another site would quickly 60 its place. Therefore, the right way is to teach teens how to use the site safely and educate them 61 who maybe predators and how to 62 them.
The key to 63 safe on the Intemet is to make sure that.Y0Ur profile (个人资料)is secure. The 64 way is to change the privacy setting on your profile to “private”, which protects your information 65 only the people on your friend list can'view it. Although this is.66, it is not perfect. Predators can find ways to view your profile if they really want to，67 through hacking in (黑客入侵) or figuring out their way onto your friend list. Thus, you should never post too much personal 68. Some people actually post their home and school addresses, date of birth, and so on, often 69 predators know exactly where they will be and 70 .
The most information that is safe is your first name and province. Anything more is basically 71 a predator into your life.
Another big problem is photos. I suggest 72 skipping photos and never posting a photo of a friend online without his or her 73.
Most important, never, 74 any 'circumstances, agree to a real-ife meeting with anyone you meet online, 75 how well you think you know this person. There are no guarantees that they have told the truth.
56. A. what B. how C. why D. which
57. A. shut down B. open up C. get into D. turn on
58. A. but B. even C. despite D. since
59. A. is B. are C. was D. were
60. A. get B. make C. take D. push
61. A. as B. about C. for D. in
62. A. avoid B. get C. benefit D. hide
63. A. stay B. be staying C. stayed D. staying
64. A. difficult B. Simplest C. simple D. most difficult
65. A. as to B. no matter C. so that D. because
66. A. efficient B. Interesting C. effective D. impressive
67. A. if B. whether C. however D. whatever
68. A. information B. documents C. fries D. messages
69. A. let B. make C. allow D. letting
70. A. what B. why C. when D. how
71. A. introducing B. Inviting C. investing D. interrupting
72. A. partly B. Mostly C. lastly D. completely
73. A. favor B. Rule C. information D. permission
74. A. above B.'under C. below D. at
75. A. no matter B. even if C. unless D. also
Copyright © 2010 - 2021 湖南求实创新教育科技有限公司 All Right Reserved.