1. You can ask him again if you like, but it won’t make any ________ — he’ll still say no.
2. If you always _______ others like that, you’ll lose good suggestions from your friends.
3. When the police asked her, she gave a(an) _________ account of the accident.
4. Jimmy was ________ in his computer game with the result that he didn’t hear what we were talking about.
5. The book is said to be a popular one, which _______ science, culture, space, history,and explorations.
6. When I took his temperature, it was two degrees above _____.
7. These plastic flowers look so _____ that many people think they are real.
8. They can’t get enough money to support their families here. ________, they work elsewhere to earn more.
9. The most important _____ of his speech was that we should all work whole-heartedly for the people.
10. He wonders if it is the same to apply for a part-time job online as a full-time one.
A. appeal to
B. intend to
C. lead to
D. apply for
11. I remember her face but I cannot _____ where I met her.
12. He has left his book here on _____, so that you can read it.
13. The open university was started in order to help those who _____ having a university education when they were young.
14. The newcomer was so ____ at the news that she didn’t know what to do.
15.Working in a team, we have to ________ how each individual member works best.
A. take into account
B. account for
C. make up for
D. make out
16.The patients believe that the doctor knows exactly how to put them _____.
17. And you find that you're not to be _____ with a position of real responsibility.
18. With hard work over the past half century and more, China has _________ great progress.
19. At first Bob was puzzled by Virginia s waving, but then it _____ his mind that she was trying to tell him something.
20. When college students _____ future employment, they often think of status, income, and prestige.
Copyright © 2010 - 2021 湖南求实创新教育科技有限公司（zikaosw.cn）All Right Reserved.