1. We can't _____ one to change the habits of a lifetime in a short time.
2. The noise was so _____ that only those with excellent hearing were aware of it.
3.His landlady gave him a week's _____ to leave the flat.
4.Even if they are on sale, these refrigerators are equal in price to, if not more expensive than, _____ at the other store.
B. the others
D. the ones
5. It is clear that the whole world is passing through a social revolution in which a central _____ must be taken by scientists and technologists.
6. It has always been the _____ of our firm to encourage workers to take part in social activities.
7.When I worked as the general manager of the firm, I sometimes had _____ to visit London on business.
8.We won't know whether it will be successful. We won't know whether there will be good _____.
9. Comrade Li Dazhao, _____ librarian of Beijing University, was one of the founders of the Chinese Communist Party.
C. some time
D. some times
10.She got married although her parents had not given her their _____.
11. The child enjoyed _____ up the wooden bricks then knocking them down.
12. John was very upset because he was _____ by the police with breaking the law.
13. It isn't quite _____ that he will be present at the meeting.
14. The members of the club wouldn't run a _____ in entrusting(委托) the organization to an unreliable person.
15. My brother likes eating very much but he isn't very _____ about the food he eats.
16. Voices were _____ as the argument between the two motorists became more bad‐tempered.
17. After the show, the crowd _____ out of the theater.
18. Though _____ in San Francisco, Dave Mitchell had always preferred to record the plain facts of small‐town life.
19. I'm afraid this painting is not by Picasso. It's only a copy and so it's _____.
20. The final _____ of the play will take place on Monday.
Copyright © 2010 - 2021 湖南求实创新教育科技有限公司（zikaosw.cn）All Right Reserved.