1. Henry's news report covering the conference was so _____ that nothing had been omitted.
2. No one has _____ been able to trace the author of the poem.
3. The managing director took the _____ for the accident, although it was not really his fault.
4. He has impressed his employers considerably and _____ he is soon to be promoted.
5. It was a great _____ for him to be pleasant to people he didn't like.
6. His new appointment takes _____ from the beginning of next month.
7. The policeman stopped him when he was driving home and _____ him of speeding.
8.Mr. Smith gradually _____ a knowledge of the subject.
9.The boy had a _____ escape when he ran across the road in front of the bus.
10. The finance minister has not been so _____ since he raised taxes to such a high level.
11. Our bodies are strengthened by taking exercise,______ our minds developed by learning.
12. My camera can be _____ to take pictures in cloudy or sunny conditions.
13. According to the psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud, wisdom comes from the _____ of maturity.
14._____you be happy!
15.You_____afraid of any difficulties.
A.need not to be
D.need not be
16.The house is dark;the Turners_____to bed.
B.can have gone
C.must have gone
17.______open the door for you?
18. ______ we need to complete the construction is two million dollars.
A. All what
B. That all
19. ______ all our kindness to help her, Sara refused to listen.
20. _______ all the difficulties, she finished the project by herself.
A. As for
B. In spite
Copyright © 2010 - 2021 湖南求实创新教育科技有限公司（zikaosw.cn）All Right Reserved.