A high-pitch"wee-o-wee-o-wee-o-wee"whistle might not sound like much to you, but it's exactly how a dolphin might introduce itself.
Because their 41 is limited in the ocean, dolphins create individual"name"calls to communicate their 42 to friends and families. But it's not as just recognizing a voice, 43 most animals. A new study 44 that the calls contain frequency changes that dolphins.
Humans are one of the 45 animals that use sound modulation 46 simple voice differences to 47 individuals. For example, a person can recognize the name "John" 48 it's being said by Gilbert Gottfried or James Earl Jones.
Scientists have long known that dolphins identify themselves 49 names, but the belief was that, like some monkeys, the animal's voice was the key 50 of the call.
A team of researchers 51 by Vincent Janik of the University of St. Andrews in Scotland temporarily 52 seven male and female bottlenose dolphins in Florida. Janik and his 53 recorded the name calls of each dolphin, and digitally 54 the voice features of each call.
They then played the computerized calls and digital versions of other 55 calls though underwater speakers 56 the dolphins were held. In nine of 14 57 ,the dolphin would turn more 58 toward the speakers-a（n） 59 echnique for gauging a dolphin's interest －if it heard a whistle 60 the name of a close relative. As is turned out that dolphins communicate each other by calling their individual names.
41. A）view B）sigh C）vision D）picture
42. A）signs B）tracks C）whereabouts D）origins
43. A）like B）as if C） as though D）as
44. A）reveals B）refutes C）remarks D） reflects
45. A）a lot of B） a few C） few D）less
46. A）but B）except C）instead of D）besides
47. A）illustrate B）identify C）explain D）prove
48. A）if B）even if C）even though D）whether
49. A）by B）with C）in D）after
50. A）ingredient B）input C）insight D）instinct
51. A）controlled B） managed C） led D）ruled
52. A）killed B） shot C） imprisoned D）captured
53. A）cousins B）crew C） crowed D）crows
54. A）removed B）dismissed C）discharged D） exploited
55. A）confused B）random C）puzzled D）embarrassed
56. A）which B）when C）who D）where
57. A）cases B）examples C）samples D）instances
58. A）easier B）quicker C）often D）difficult
59. A）fixed B）set C）built D）established
60. A）similar B）resembling C）imitating D）assembling
41.B 42.C 43.A 44.A 45.C 6.C 47.B 48.D 49.B 50.A
51.C 52. D 53.B 54.A 55.B 56. D 57. A 58. C 59.D 60.B
Copyright © zikaosw.cn All Right Reserved. 求实创新教育科技有限公司版权所有