College English Test
Part II Vocabulary and Structure （40 %）
Directions In this part there are 40 incomplete sentences. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
21. The _________ of the play is so great that many people want to see it.
A. attention B. attempt
C. attraction D. attack
22. Do you think they have ________ food for all these people here？
A. subsequent B. beneficial
C. average D. sufficient
23. The old lady ________ on hearing his son's death.
A. broke down B. broke in
C. broke out D. broke away
24. I have to _________ my visit as I'll be very busy next week.
A. call for B. call off
C. call on D. call in
25. He has been teaching for 2 years, but being a teacher is not his ________
A. chance B. character
C. choice D. attitude
26. This is a very ________ situation and we don't know how to face it yet.
A. comprehensive B. compound
C. competent D. complicated
27. It is _________ for a person in his position to make such a mistake.
A. less B. rare
C. little D. few
28. Don't forget ________ the window before leaving the room.
A. to close B. to have closed
C. having closed D. closing
29. You had better _________ a doctor as soon as possible.
A. seen B. saw
C. seeing D. see
30. The old man is used to ________ early in the morning.
A. exercising B. exercise
C. exercised D. exercises
31. Before joining the army, he spent a lot of time in the village ________ he belonged.
A. which B. to which
C. to where D. at which
32. Do you mean this is the _________ decision you have made after thinking for hours？
A. total B. ultimate
C. upright D. tight
33. It is because she is very devoted to her students _________ she is respected by them.
A. who B. which
C. what D. that
34. I gave John a present but he gave me nothing ________
A. in turn B. in return
C. in advance D. in vain
35. I cannot tell the _________ difference between the twins.
A. slight B. single
C. simple D. slender
36. Words ________ meaning, as we all know.
A. convince B. contribute
C. convey D. conquer
37. I don't like to disturb you, because you're quite tired ________ working hard today.
A. of B. on
C. out D. with
38. _________ I saw was two men crossing the street.
A. That B. Whom
C. Who D. What
39. A curve is a line _________ no part is straight and which has no angle.
A. of which B. whose
C. in which D. that
40. _________ I'm mistaken, I've seen that man before.
A. Because B. If
C. Unless D. Provided
41. The fisherman~________ poor, coule not buy another boat.
A. being B. was
C. is D. been
42. All man must die, but death can vary ________its significance.
A. with B. on
C. from D. in
43. Three people, ________, were injured in the accident.
A. included a child B. include a child
C. including a child D. includes a child
44. We use plastics _________ wood and metal now.
A. in place of B. to take of
C. take the place of D. to take place
45. 1 spent half an hour _________ this difficult math problem.
A. working on B. to work on
C. on work D. having worked on
46. The medicine can prevent you _________
A. being drunk B. got drunk
C. get drunk D. from getting drunk
47. Her suggestion that everybody _________ was not appreciated.
A. singing a song B. sang a song
C. sung a song D. sing a song
48. 1 have taken many photos. I'm going to get the film ________
A. being developed B. developed
C. developing D. to be developed
49. ________the last one, I answered all the questions.
A. Except B. Besides
C. Except for D. In addition to
50. He suggested _________ a lecture given by Professor White on English language learning.
A. me to attend B. my attention
C. my attending D. me attending
51. Not always ________ they want to.
A. people can do what B. can people do what
C. People cannot do what D. can't people do what
52. "Good-bye, Miss liu. I'm very pleased _________
A. to meet you B. having met you
C. meeting you D. to have met you
53. I didn't go to the party, but I do wish I ________ there.
A. were B. had been
C. would be D. will be
54. 1 will never forget the ten years ________ we both spent in the little village.
A. when B. during which
C. in which D. which
55.The experiment, ________ will soon be announced~ was done by my colleagues.
A. of whose results B. the results on which
C. at which the results D. whose results
56. Sorry, I don't know he is a friend of _________.
A. your brother's B. your brothers
C. your brother's friend D. your brother
57. Had the weather been good, the children ________ Out for a walk.
A. had gone B. would go
C. could have gone D. went
58. 1 believe he _________ an accident, otherwise he would have arrived on time.
A. would have had B. could have had
C. must have had D. should have had
59. After saying that, he ________ the door quickly.
A. made for B. made up
C. made out D. made
60. The young man promised to his parents, "I would never_________ again."
A. let you out B. let you down
C. let you in D. let you by
Copyright © 2010 - 2021 湖南求实创新教育科技有限公司（zikaosw.cn）All Right Reserved.