College English Test
Part II Vocabulary and Structure （40%）
Directions ：In this part there are 40 incomplete sentences. For each sentence there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE answer that best completes the sentence. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
21. How long do you think ________ to finish this urgent task？
A. did it take you B. it will take you
C. will it take you D. it to take you
22. Wealth, education and occupation vary greatly ________ members of the middle class.
A. among B. between
C. from D. inside
23. Let's buy our tickets while I still have _________
A. a little money to leave B. little money left
C. a few dollars left D. few dollars to leave
24. ________ was not the way the event happened.
A. Which the press reported B. That the press reported
C. What did the press report D. What the press reported
25. People do not like such persons who are always ______the way of others.
A. on B. by
C. in D. behind
26. At first we were ________ by Don's words, but soon we were tired of them.
A. great B. far
C. much D. never
27. He talks as if he ________everything in the world.
A. knows B. knew
C. had known D. would have known
28. The doctor advised that Mr. Malan ____ an operation right away so as to save his life.
A. had B. would have
C. have D. was going to have
29. He forgot about ____ him to attend my wife's birthday party.
A. I asking B. my asking
C. me to ask D. mine to ask
30. So little ____ about stock exchange that the lecture was completely beyond me.
A. did I know B. I had known
C. I knew D. was I known
31. The boy's laziness _____ his failure in the exams.
A. resulted from B. brought in
C. resulted in D. led into
32. Only guests of the hotel enjoy the_____ of using the private beach.
A. privilege B. possibility
C. favor D. advantage
33. Tom ______more than twenty pounds for the dictionary.
A. spent B. pay
C. cost D. took
34. The governor had to_______ all his appointments for the day and rush to the train accident.
A. set off B. pay off
C. see off D. call off
35. One car went too fast and ____ missed hitting another car. A. completely B. greatly
C. narrowly D. little
36. He was accused ____ stealing from the shop.
A. with B. in
C. of D. at
37. It took me a long time to ____ the disappointment of losing the match.
A. get over B. get up
C. get into D. get down
38. All the reference books should be made ____ to the teachers and student~ in our university.
A. concerned B. available
C. related D. flexible
39. He never thought the committee would ________ his proposal.
A. put up B. object to
C. pass on D. call on
40. The company official ____ I thought would be fired received a raise.
A. whom B. whoever
C. who D. of whom
41. Mr. Green my letter, otherwise he would have replied before now.
A. must have received B. must have failed to receive
C. must receive D. must fail to receive
42. We shall appreciate _________ from you soon.
A. being heard B. hearing
C. to hear D. having been heard
43. I fell and hurt myself while I ______tennis.
A. was playing B. am playing
C. play D. played
44. ________ you disagree with her, her idea is still worth considering.
A. Even if B. If only
C. Instead of D. Despite of
45. I'd _______ you didn't touch that, if you don't mind.
A. rather B. better
C. happier D. further
46. The two men were arrested for breaking into that shop have been_______ $ 10,000
A. committed B. driven
C. charged D. fined
47. The driver might have ______the accident if he had had his headlights on.
A. missed B. avoided
C. stopped D. dismissed
48.The people at the party were worried about Janet because no one was aware ________ she had gone.
A. where that B. of where
C. of the place D. the place
49. I ________ on the door for ten minutes now without an answer.
A. was knocking B. am knocking
C. knocking D. have been knocking
50. _______ tired after a hard work ,she fell into bed and went straight to sleep.
A. Felt B. Feeling
C. Being felt D. To feel
51. He was ________ enough to understand my questions from the gestures I made.
A. intelligent B. efficient
C. proficient C. diligent
52. If you ________ the speed limit, you will get into trouble with the police.
A. exclude B. exceed
C. excuse D. execute
53. He opened the door and let himself in quietly ________ not to make ~u family.
A. because B. so as
C. so that D. despite
54. I wish you ________ to me before you went and bought that car.
A. spoke B. will speak
C. was going to speak D. had spoken
55. The director, who was recently promoted, did ________
A. work more than anyone else B. more than anyone else work
C. more work than anyone else D. work more than anyone
56. Before her marriage, she spent a considerable time in that very part of Shanghai, ________ she belonged.
A. which B. to where
C. to which D. at which
57. Good—bye, Mr. Wang. I'm pleased _______
A. to meet B. meeting
C. to have been meeting D. to be met
58. The investigation, ________ will soon be published, was made by john.
A. at which the results B. the results on which
C. whose results D. at whose results
59. Don't you know he is an old friend of ________？
A. my brother B. my brothers
C. my brother's D. my brother's friend
60. ________ you return those books to the library immediately you will have to pay a fine.
A. Until B. Unless
C. If D. Provided
Copyright © 2010 - 2023 湖南求实创新教育科技有限公司 All Right Reserved.