College English Test
Part I Vocabulary and Structure （40%）
Directions2 In this part there are 40 incomplete sentences. For each se there are four choices marked A, B, C and D. Choose the ONE answer ~ best completes the sentence. Then mark the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet with a single line through the center.
21. He knows little of English to say ____ of English culture.
A. something B. everything
C. nothing D. anything
22. Being ignorant of the law is no ______ of breaking the law.
A. reason B. excuse
C. ground D. point
23. The new law, it is said, will be ____
A. put into effect B. taken into account
C. kept in sight D. brought to mind
24. Life is often compared a stage by many writers.
A. like B. as
C. with D. to
25. Television makes us better ____ than ever before.
A. inform B. informing
C. informed D. to be informed
26. You could have done much better yesterday. Why ____？
A. didn't you B. couldn't you
C. hadn't you D. shouldn't you
27. Air, or ____ is called atmosphere, surrounds the whole earth.
A. it B. that
C. which D. what
28. If I do something in vain, I do it.
A. without interest B. without success
C. with difficulty D. with ease
29. The old man walked slowly, stopping frequently -.
A. on rest B. at rest
C. resting D. to rest
30. The pain will go away ____
A. by an by B. by and chance
C. all over D. at present
31. Don't you think it is time you ______smoking？
A. give up B. gave up
C. would give up D. should give up
32. ____ was pointed above, this substance can be used as a substitute.
A. It B. That
C. What D. As
33. I couldn't find peter, ____did I know where he had gone.
A. never B. either
C. nor D. as
34. If I say I don't think much of this book, this means that ____
A. I never read it B. I seldom think about it
C. I have no idea of it D. I have a poor opinion of it
35. When you this over with her, you should not see her any more.
A. talk B. talked
C. will talk D. talking
36. The ____ flowers were all that remained.
A. two yellow little B. little two yellow
C. yellow two little D. two little yellow
37. The Olympic Committee has drawn up strict rules for the sportsmen to____.
A. go by B. go on
C. go over D. go after
38. I'm far from ______with what you have done.
A. pleased B. pleasing
C. pleasure D. please
39. The ability _____is very important for any speaker.
A. to hear clearly B. to be ~clearly heard
C. to hearing clearly D. to being clearly heard
40. ____ she finds out that you've lost her books.
A. As if B. Even if
C. What if D. Suppose that
41. Dr. Robert went to New York, bought some books and ____
A. visiting his daughter B. to visit his daughter
C. visit his daughter D. visited his daughter
42. Are you serious in ____ such a view？
A. putting on B. putting off
C. putting up D. putting forward
43. The plane crashed, its bombs ____ as it hit the ground.
A. exploded B. were exploded
C. exploding D. were exploding
44. You should be content - what you have.
A. to B. about
C. with D. for
45. "Do you like to ride on the old bus to school？" Yes, I prefer it _____."
A. to walk B. to walking
C. walking D. having walked
46. My vacation begins next Tuesday, ____ I will leave for Florida.
A. which B. that
C. while D. when
47. Can you tell me ____ about the city that makes people love it so much？
A. it is what B. what it is
C. what is it D. is it what
48. Though he is very intelligent, he is ____ rather modest.
A. hence B. otherwise
C. nevertheless D. therefore
49. Lack of imagination is an obstacle ____ one's advancement.
A. to B. of
C. for D. about
50. If you can provide the wine, I'll ____ the food.
A. see to B. look at
C. ask for D. think about
51.He was fully ____ of his own shortcomings.
A. sensitive B. sensible
C. serious D. sincere
52. The magnificent museum is said______ about a hundred years ago.
A. to be built B. to have been built
C. to have built D. to have being built
53. Not once ____ your sentence correctly.
A. You have copied B. did you have copied
C. have you copied D. have you been copied
54. That mountain village can't be _______by telephone yet.
A. reached B. achieved
C. attached D. arrived
55. Problems will__________ if you do it this way.
A. rise B. arise
C. raise D. arouse
56. _______many people prefer coffee, he drinks tea as usual.
A. While B. besides of
C. because of D. Except
57.Don't risk______ the job which so many people want.
A. losing B. to lose
C. lost D. your life to lose
58. His mother insisted that he ____ the coat when going out.
A. put on B. puts on
C. to put D. putting on
59. They have done things they ought ____
A. not to do B. not to be done
C. not to have done D. not having done
60. There is nothing we can do ____ wait.
A. but B. Rather than
C. In spite of D. besides
• 上一篇： 1999年6月北京成人公共英语三级考试真题及答案（阅读理解）
• 下一篇： 1999年6月北京成人公共英语三级考试真题及答案（挑错）
Copyright © 2010 - 2023 求实创新教育科技有限公司 All Right Reserved.